We know it can be difficult to setup files for printing even with all the right software.
PDF Assistance is made for clients who have designed their book themselves but might be having
trouble with a minor technical issue or would like a second set of eyes to check for a certain concern
they may have.
To add PDF Assistance to your next file review, email prepress or give us a call
when you place your order. We will have PDF Assistance available on the quotes and proof form soon!
What is included:
- A personalized file review from our PDF Assistant
- Technical Support! If we can't fix it, we will do our best to walk you through a solution
on your end.
Minor fixes including:
- Uneven margins
- Centering of the front and back cover content
- Adding spine type
- Making sure your title page is on the correct page of your book and other minor
- Possible conversion of color images to black and white to lower costs and for better
- Compilation of multiple PDFs into a single PDF file to meet printing requirements
What is NOT included:
There are some changes we are unable to make in-house, but opting for PDF Assistance means we can offer you technical support to for
solving the issue on your end.
- Editorial, grammatical, design preference errors. Since we are not a publisher or editor,
we never read your content for grammatical or spelling errors. It is important to edit your
book before submitting the files.
File errors we are unable to fix are:
- Incorrect file dimensions
- Security or password protection on files to prevent editing or processing
- Low resolution images
- Text that has been converted to bitmap or images (may appear pixelated when printed)
- Fonts disappearing when printed (this is usually caused by a font error in the original file)
- Bleeds setup incorrectly on interior pages
- Corrupt files